How We’re Moving Forward and Doing Our Part During this Global Challenge
It’s important that we all do what we can during this challenging time to help each other. We’re taking all the steps we can to ensure the safety and health (both physically and financially) of our team, our clients and the community (at large).
As school closures and event cancellations are happening, we have been proactive in allowing our employees to work from home and have flexible work schedules to help manage this unique situation. This is something not everyone can do, but due to the nature of our business and the fact that we’re already working from home two days a week it was a pretty seamless transition for us.
We’re also reaching out to our clients to provide additional assistance and advice during these challenging times. I’ve written a blog that I hope will help businesses navigate some of the challenges and opportunities that we have in front of us. I’m also offering to personally help brainstorm and solve any challenging situations our clients may be faced with. We’ve already seen examples of how changing a perspective can open up opportunities that we’d never thought possible. Check out my post for examples of how some clients are not only solving challenges, but seizing opportunities.
As a community, we can all learn and grow from our collective experiences and we at Webfor want to share what we’ve learned and how we are navigating this climate to help our employees, our clients, and our community.
Here are a few of the additional steps we’ve taken specifically around COVID-19:
- Pre-approved working from home for our team.
- We’re holding many of our meetings through video conferencing (https://meet.google.com/ is free and a great solution for online meetings).
- Providing education and training to our team and clients around best practices.
- Updating our policies to provide clarity around asking our team to stay at home for extended periods of time when sick.
- Consistently disinfecting the workplace